The courtyard with corner tower is the only example of a residential courtyard in the Borgo and takes its name from the clock tower in Borgo Nuovo di Avigliana. This space is delimited by the internal façades of the houses of Chieri, Borgofranco and Pinerolo, featuring porticoes and loggias.
At the junction of the buildings, in the southernmost corner, faithfully copied from its original model, is the octagonal tower; this is white with brick-red frames and black and white corbels. Inside is a spiral staircase linking the different floors of the buildings.
In 1884, this courtyard served as the entrance to the osteria di San Giorgio (a tavern), the sign of which can still be seen next to the wooden gate, to its kitchen, dominated by a large fireplace with a spit, located in the casa di Mondovì, to the shop in the casa di Pinerolo and to the tavern itself through the portico.
In the centre of the courtyard, the stone well from Dronero is authentic and dates back to the 15th century: it is octagonal in shape, decorated solely with two coats of arms of the families who could exercise rights over the use of the water: the Marquises of Saluzzo and the Berardis, lords of San Damiano.