Facing the River Po, the architectural style of this house is similar to that found in the Po Valley and takes its name from the Malgrà Castle, near Rivarolo Canavese, on which the red and white ashlar decoration around the windows is based. The high wooden platform resting on trident beams is unusual. The house ends with a crenellation that protrudes a little, and which has an indentation reminiscent of that of Porta di Rivoli: the two central merlons bear the coats of arms of the Savoy and San Martino families. On the wall leading to what is known as the Rivoli passageway, the figure of San Maurizio is depicted, the copy of an original in the chapel of Fénis Castle.
In 1894, the room on the ground floor, originally a wood carver’s workshop, became the office of the customs officials who inspected the boats entering the city.