An imposing and austere building in Mondovì, the 14th-century residence of the Bressani family, was used as a model for this Borgo edifice, here reduced in height by one floor compared to the original.
On the first floor, the two three-light windows alternate with three smaller ones; the top floor is marked by a continuous wooden gallery, covered by a sort of canopy, beyond which the building ends with a battlement. The openings on the ground floor are covered by a pergola with poles and shelves, enhanced with plants.
In 1884, the tavern kitchen was located here, and the remains of a bear were hung on the entrance door, in tribute to the tradition of displaying the spoils of dangerous hunts. After the exhibition, a sculptor set up his studio here and later a liquor and wine shop was established. Since 1918, the first floor has been the headquarters of the Società Storica Subalpina (Subalpine Historical Society).