On the other side of the tower-gate of Oglianico, on the left, stands the Albergo dei Pellegrini (Pilgrims’ hotel), a typical building used as a rest stop along the routes of medieval Europe.
The structure is divided by a string-course with interlinked arches and sawtooths; the lower floor features a portico, while on the upper floor are two mullioned windows.
The façade, plastered and brightly painted, is based on buildings in Avigliana and Saluzzo; the two glazed basins in the lunettes are inspired by the bell tower of S. Antonio di Ranverso. The pictorial part is completed by a San Vito from Piossasco and the coats of arms of San Rocco and Monferrato. A glazed polyptych with a pilgrim and Franciscan saints, located in the portico, is based on an original once depicted on the façade of a hotel in Capriata d’Orba (along the road to Genoa), and which has now disappeared. Of interest is the pole protruding on the side of the house, used for hanging clothes and copied from originals in Saluzzo.
In 1884, the door on the right gave access to the workshop of blacksmith Giuseppe Guaita, who specialised in the production of medieval-style wrought ironwork. In the 1930s, the Federazione Fascista Autonoma degli Artigiani d’Italia (Fascist Federation of Italian Craftsmen) entrusted the premises to a carpenter, who set up a wood workshop. The door on the left still gives access to the upper floor, which has housed the Casa della Didattica (House of Education) since 2007.