This building takes its cue from the monumental House of the Senate in Pinerolo, residence of the Princes of Acaja, a 15th-century model from which also derive the ground-floor workshops covered with canopies and the rich cornices of the windows and the fascia dividing the floors.
Part of the terracotta decorations derive from models also visible in Chieri Cathedral and at Sant’Antonio di Ranverso near Avigliana. An interesting aspect of the first side which comes into view is the single opening in the corner of the top floor, characterised by its particular shape, and the ceramic image of the Madonna col Bambino con angeli (Madonna and Child with Angels). The inner side of the courtyard has several openings, while the two upper floors are characterised by wooden balconies supported by carved modillions. On the main street, at first-floor level, the façade features two rectangular windows, in between which, the coat of arms of Pinerolo is depicted. On the second floor are two mullioned windows decorated with the same coat of arms in the tympanum. Also copied from Pinerolo are the casts of two genuflected statues, resting on small shelves, on the sides of the first floor – the announcing Angel and the Virgin Mary. The original versions of these beautiful terracotta statues are now in the Museo Civico d’Arte Antica (Civic Museum of Antique Art) in Turin.
The two shops on the ground floor were closed in 1884 and used as warehouses; a year later, they became wine and spirits stores, while the upper floor was rented out to the Ristorante San Giorgio.